Low Fat Dessert Recipes
Low fat dessert recipes help to cut back on calories, and thus make it easier to manage your weight. Mentioned below are a few of these low fat dessert recipes.
This apple cobbler is a real treat! Serve it with a fat free vanilla yogurt.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
Yield: enough for 5 people
• 1 1/2 cups ( 375 ml) all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup ( 80 ml) plus 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar, divided
• 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ( 5 ml) baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon ( 2 ml) salt
• 1 teaspoon ( 5ml) ground cinnamon, divided
• 3 tablespoons ( 45 ml) Dried Plum Purée (recipe given below)
• 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cold butter
• 3/4 cup non-fat milk
• 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 204 degrees Celsius.
2. Take a large mixing bowl and mix the flour, 1/3 cup (80 ml) of sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) cinnamon.
3. Cut in the dried plum purée along with the butter in a pastry blender until the mixture starts to resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Mix in the milk until blended.
5. Spread the apple pie filling evenly in an 8 inch square baking dish.
6. Spoon the batter over the spreaded pie filling in six equal piles.
7. Combine 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) of cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
8. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 35 minutes or until the top is baked through and becomes springy to touch.
9. Serve with fat free vanilla yogurt.
10. For Plum Purée: combine 1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) of pitted dried plums along with the six tablespoons of hot water in a blender. Pulse the blender on and off until the plums are smooth.
- The Best Online RecipesLooking for the right recipe can be a bit of a task if you are not that good at cooking. But if you have the passion for it you will be able to find the right recipe eventually because thanks to the internet you have a wide resource available. There...
- Two Chocolate Recipes: One Spicy and One QuickChocolate and chili pepper are always a fascinating combination, even romantic sometimes. Here you have my personal spicy chocolate cake recipe. The ingredents are for six people. 250gr dark chocolate 1 tbsp instant coffee 4 eggs 250gr butter, softened 1 pinch of ground chili pepper 200gr sugar 25gr corn starch...
- Protein Shake Recipes Are Not EnoughLots of folks feel it truly is usually very hard to create amazing foods and continue to be nourishing meanwhile, or possibly when it is, it definitely calls for an extremely overpriced list of ingredients or perhaps tricky pots and pans, or maybe just chugging back protein shake recipes. All...
- Medifast Recipes to enhance your weight lossLosing weight with Medifast isn't just about drinking shakes. Medifast Recipes bring a whole to level to the weight loss journey. photo credit: koadmunkee Medfast is a great way to lose weight. It's been around since the 1980's and has been tested and approved by many physicians including the Mayo...
- Two European Meat RecipesKarelian stew (recipe from Finland) Ingredients for four people: 450gr (1 lb) beef, diced 450gr (1 lb) pork, diced 2 carrots, diced 2 turnip mustards 1 onion 20 grains of black pepper 2 bay leaves Salt 2 tbsp of butter Directions: Preheat the oven at 150ºC (300ºF). Melt the butter...